Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Guernsey State Park and the CCC

My book on the Civilian Conservation Corps and the building of Guernsey State Park looks like it will be available late next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I had to reformat after looking at the first proofs (I didn’t like the way some of the photos were placed and with over 200 hundred of them it was quite a chore) and it took me about fifty hours – ouch.
I will post more next week when the book will be live and for sale.
In the process of walking in the park, pretending to do research for my book, we found a number of long forgotten CCC camp sites. Fun to find, and it often took a bit of research to date things back to the 1930s. From this site, we were able to date a bottle to authenticate the time period to the CCC in the park.


We leave all artifacts, as found, but I do take many photos. Fun stuff. Hope you enjoy this little secret in the park.

When they start circling its time to go home

No comments:

Post a Comment