Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Guernsey State Park - Back to Normal

A Touch of Fall in the Park
Looks like the park is back to normal after more than 30,000 people showed up for the four-day Eclipse celebration. It was terrific seeing so many people enjoying the park, but it sure is nice to have it quiet down as we head toward fall.

This is the time of year when Jan and I enjoy hikes and drives in the park. Our activities range from walks of a couple of miles to simply sitting somewhere and enjoying the views.
Taking a Break on Black Canyon Point Trail

I have spent some time the past few days looking at some of the smaller projects the Civilian Conservation Corps finished in the park. I don’t think it is possible to find all of the parks CCC work, but it sure is fun when we find something new.
A small area along Lakeshore Drive - Built by the CCC, Holding Back the Mountainside.

Cooler weather means it is a terrific time to hike or just sit and enjoy the view in Guernsey State Park.

My book on the park is still selling well, both locally and on line. You can pick up an inexpensive eBook copy here or order the soft cover edition and put it in the office, on the coffee table, or make it a gift for someone who loves the park.
CCC Worker Statue at the CCC Museum in Guernsey State Park

If you like reading western fiction, mysteries, gardening books or fun kid’s chapter books take a look at all my books here. That ends my shameless self-promotion of my CCC and the Building of Guernsey State Park book and my eight fiction titles.







No comments:

Post a Comment