Monday, February 16, 2015

Looks Like an Early Spring

Last year I took this photo in March while the lake was locked in ice. I watched people walking on the ice edge at Long Canyon this same day. 
Photo From March 8, 2014 -  Quarry Point Near the West Side Boat Dock

This year the ice is just about gone in mid-February. Weather forecasts appear to be for warm enough weather to keep the water open.

Today at Lower Spotted Tail

This morning I noticed the lake is full, or at least full enough that water is up on the main boat ramp. Not sure anyone would care to put a boat in today, but soon we may see a boat or two on the lake.
Open Water and oh  So Blue

Seems to me that the first cold water in the spring is always the bluest of the year, not sure if it is the clear snow melt water or the time of year but I love the color.








No comments:

Post a Comment